- Published: 12.10.2023.
Joint Statement of the Prime Ministers of the Republic of Croatia and the Republic of Korea
Joint Statement of the Prime Ministers of the Republic of Croatia and the Republic of Korea on the Upgrade of Bilateral Relations to the Level of Comprehensive Future-Oriented PartnershipPrime Ministers of the Republic of Croatia Andrej Plenković and Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea Han Duck-soo met in Zagreb on 12 October 2023 and issued the following statement:
We, the Prime Ministers of the Republic of Croatia and the Republic of Korea, reaffirming our commitment to strengthening the bonds of friendship and cooperation between our two nations, and in accordance with the powers and responsibilities provided for in their respective domestic laws, are pleased to announce the upgrade of our bilateral relations to the level of Comprehensive Future-Oriented Partnership.
Today, we mark a significant milestone in our relations, one that reflects the aspirations of our peoples and the shared values of democracy, human rights, the rule of law, effective multilateralism, open, free and fair trade, and the rules-based international order.
Recognizing the growing ties that bind our countries, we commend the progress made in various fields of collaboration, express our commitment to intensify our political dialogue and further deepen our engagement in the following areas:
1. Economic Cooperation: We will seek to develop and strengthen cooperation in the fields of business, port management, energy, technology and industry, based on the principles of equality and mutual benefit, as well as to promote bilateral trade, tourism, investment and innovation that will contribute to the growth and prosperity of our nations.
2. Green Transition and Sustainable Development: Recognizing our shared responsibility for global challenges such as climate change, biodiversity loss and pollution, we will work together to advance sustainable practices and explore joint initiatives in the area of green transition and sustainable development.
3. Science and Technology: Recognizing the importance of scientific and technological advancement, we will facilitate collaboration between our research institutions and industries in areas like information and telecommunication technology, energy, life science, bioeconomy, environment, new materials and nanotechnology.
4. Cultural, Educational and People-to-People Exchanges: We will continue to promote cultural, academic and people-to-people exchanges that will further enrich our ties and mutual understanding.
5. Security Cooperation: We affirm our commitment to maintaining peace and stability in our respective regions and globally. We will explore opportunities for cooperation in areas of common interest, such as defence industry.
As we embark on this new phase of Comprehensive Future-Oriented Partnership, we look forward to the enduring friendship between our two nations and the tangible benefits it will bring to our citizens.